A virus can do anything from slow your computer down, cause it to crash, or spy on you and steal your information.
If you know or suspect you have a virus, it should be removed as soon as possible. The longer it has hold, the more potential damage can be done.
Symptoms of Infection
- Pop ups that do not go away
- Internet home page and search changed
- Very slow web browsing
- Sharp increase in data usage
- Programs not uninstalling
- Programs coming back after uninstalling
- Infected files cleaned or removed
- Windows and other software up to date
- Review Windows security settings
- Review anti-virus and anti-malware settings
- Install of more effective protection